Song of the week
Bible Verse and Reflection
Philippians 4:6 - “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God”
Are you anxious or worried? This Bible verse tells us that we can pray to God in every situation and that there is something we can all be thankful for. Use these steps to help you reflect on the words of the Bible verse:
1. Read over the verse a few times, what words stand out for you?
2. God is telling us that we can pray to him about anything and in every situation. What would you pray for?
3. What are you thankful for? Use the tool below to help you to pray:
"God, I am anxious or worried about ____ help to take my anxiety away. God I also want to thank you for ____ . Thank You that in every situation there is always something to be thankful for even if the situation is not always easy."
How can we be thankful, especially in a time that is so difficult? Here’s some ideas on how to do that:
- When you notice that you are thinking of something negative, switch it around so you can be thankful for what is around you
- Start and end each day with 5 things you are thankful for
- Make a thankfulness jar. Get an empty jar and every time you are thankful for something, write it down and put it in the jar. When you are feeling especially down, pick out some of the thankful notes and read them to remind you of the good things you have or have done!
- Go for a walk and pick up on the things along the way that you are thankful for. For example: sunshine, your local takeaway, the birds.
Use these grateful sentences below in your own journal and fill in the blanks to remind yourself of the good things to be thankful for every day:
I’m grateful for three things I hear:
I’m grateful for three things I see:
I’m grateful for three things I smell:
I’m grateful for three things I touch/feel:
I’m grateful for these three things I taste:
I’m grateful for these three blue things:
I’m grateful for these three animals/birds:
I’m grateful for these three friends:
I’m grateful for these three family members:
I’m grateful for these three things in my home: